As we carefully put together all the little details for your wedding day run sheet, we often find our couples stuck for inspiration around wedding music. The one most regularly surpassed is that cake cutting song!
The cake cutting is a really beautiful moment in your wedding reception (if you choose to do one, that is) and it can be super awkward if it’s dead silent while you guys get out of your chairs, walk around your table and cross to wherever your cake is positioned. To make this a little more “fluid” we recommend picking a song that starts as soon as your MC introduces your cake cutting. A nice fade-in, shall we say?
Here are some of our favourite cake cutting songs to suit any mood:
- How Sweet It Is – James Taylor
- Cake by the Ocean – DNCE (cheeky option!)
- Sugar, Sugar – The Archies
- Better Together – Jack Johnson
- Love on Top – Beyonce
- Better Place – Rachel Platten
- Everything – Michael Buble
- Lucky – Jason Mraz and Colbie Callait
Remember, it’s ok to choose absolutely ANY song that speaks to you; it doesn’t have to be about cake or sweetness at all.
Happy listening and choosing!