That’s me, Kerstyn. Sippin’ an espresso martini at a wedding before covid was even a thing. Ahhh, the good ol’ days… (Photographed by faves at Kieran Moore Photography)
Sydney brides and grooms to be, I’m so sorry this is happening to you (again). It’s not fair, and trust me, we in the wedding industry are feeling your pain.
I’ve already received some calls and texts this morning from clients about their upcoming weddings, so I thought I’d share some advice on what to do if your wedding is coming up soon…
- What date is lockdown due to end? If your wedding is more than a month after lockdown ends, we suggest you don’t do anything just yet. Wait it out before making any decisions.
- If your wedding is within two weeks of lockdown ending, reach out to all your suppliers to open a discussion about postponing or adjusting your date, and ask their advice. You don’t have to decide just yet, but at least you’ll know where you stand and what options you have, including some future date avails!
- If you’re postponing your wedding, we recommend you go to each of your suppliers with some date options ie. more than one future date. AND if you really want to make sure you still have your dream team available, try a week day- there are so many reasons to marry on a weekday! Check out this post from our mates at WedShed for 8 brilliant reasons!
- If you’re choosing to go ahead as soon as possible, regardless of restrictions, kudos to you Please keep in mind that whilst your wedding may look different, you’ll still be marrying the love of your life and that’s what matters most, right?
- Throughout all of this, please be kind to yourselves- cry, be angry, get upset- but be kind to you and show kindness to suppliers, too. You could be their 10th call about the same thing and it’s hitting them hard as well.
And above all, please remember that your day is coming, and it’s going to be amazing, and you’re going to have the best time, and you’ll finally be married to your love ♥️
Here for you and with you, Kerstyn x
PS. Did you know we offer free 15 minute advice sessions for anyone getting married? All you have to do is book a time in my calendar here.